Wireless Alarm Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of installing a wireless burglar alarm in the house. It has to be wireless because we've recently decorated the house so wired one is a no no.
I've done research (with my limited knowledge) and I can't decided between Visonic Powermaster-10 G2 and Response GlobalGuard.
I've got a 4 bed detached house and the main requirements are. Multiple zones support, mobile phone alert when alarm goes off, remote activation, IP based cam so the house can be monitored from a mobile phone when we're away. We don't have pets so it doesn't have to be pet friendly.
I've read that Visonic one isn't recommended for DIY. I've installed a Yale and a Response wireless alarm recently so hopefully I'll be able to work it out. Else I'll find a pro to install it for me.
Which one would you recommend? Thanks

Sponsored Links
You have to decide

many installers dont touch Yale but a few do, something to consider if you have problems.

Have you looked at the many wireless threads on here to get an idea of opinions.

There are many wireless systens, as you are looking for fully wireless, Texecom is no good to you as no wireless bell or wireless keypad as yet.

as you are looking for fully wireless, Texecom is no good to you as no wireless bell or wireless keypad as yet.
You must consider that the only way a wireless bell can tel you it is being jammed is by sounding. This is often considered as a false alarm.

If the wireless channel is occupied by other legal users for a long period of time the bell will consider this to be jamming and go into alarm state. At least one manufacturer has recommended dis-abling the jamming detection if there are too many "false" alarms. This is the equivalent of dis-abling the tamper circuit.

Some systems using two way communication between bell and control panel will raise an internal alarm when jamming occurs for short periods but efen these will have ( should have to ) to sound the bell if the jamming is prolonged.

Use of illegal jamming devices will knock out wireless alarm systems.

Things can go wrong with anything, the likelihood of a good, well installed and maintained (hard wired or wireless) system false alarming is low as I would suspect is a burglar using a radio jammer on a property they don't know.

I wouldn't go for a wireless bellbox, especially if its specific to a wireless system as it gives people information about the system installed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies. I got some really useful information.
But guys I still don't know what to go for. If it helps my budget is £500!
I need minimum 4 PIR senors, 2 window/door sensors and an IP camera connected to the alarm system.
In my previous house I had installed a wireless Yale alarm and recently installed a Response wireless alarm at my in-laws. We never experienced false alarm while we were there and my in-laws haven't had any false alarm so far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back