Request for Wireless Alarm Recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello Folks,

I would be grateful for some help in choosing a wireless alarm system for a house. The property is a 3 storey townhouse with concrete floors and walls. I am trying to choose between Pyronix, Risco, Texecom and Visonic.

I would like to install a control panels (that will be wired totes mains), eternal bells/flashers and a series of pet-friendly PIR, door contacts and smoke detectors inside. My main requirement is a solid system that just works and I need some help deciphering the offerings from the above companies. Ideally, I would also like to be able to receive alerts on my smart phone if the alarm goes off.

An added bonus, would be to have a CCTV system that I can also look at on my smart phone if the alarm goes off. Do any of the above companies provide this as well or would we be looking at a separate system. If then latter, then a recommendation for this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
well without doing readings its difficult to say, the concrete will have steel in it and that's not good for wireless, but internally they are likeley to be partition walls?

It isn't so much as to which manufacturer, but which products from those manufacturers.

The systems could be similar, or completely different.

I don't rate petwise and all my clients are advised against them whether thay have pets or not.

Risco offer a lsome CCTV and also offer a licensend based approach, think its over priced wrt to the cctv for what you get.
Pyronox and CCTV not really looked at but a few on here have the pro control app.
Visonic no idea what they offer these days on CCTV options, but some of there panels have much better offerings than the rest of there range
Texecom dont have there own cameras yet, but integration with some caneras is possible to dome degree.

alas your query is too wide to give a definitive answer, if you want help with this pm me, but need to know what your being offered by whom and how much and for what sort of property.

I see companies doing cheap quotes and inadequate cover, expensve over quotes and value for money quotes and that's the problem, you need to decide what you want from the alarm system and if the system offered represents value for money for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back