gyproc easi fill for this job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had to put up a sheet of 1800 x 900 plasterboard on my ceiling, to replace the damaged one when i put a hole through it from above.

Would gyproc easi fill be suitable for a plasterboard this size, or should i use multifinish?

I assume gyproc easifill is easier to feather in?

cheers

Sponsored Links
multifinish. scrape the old surrounding plaster back to enable you to scrim the joint before skimming and feathering in.
pva the scraped back area to allow the tape to ‘stick’ and reduce suction.

what’s the fascination with easifill on here. it’s crap.

How would I feather it in to the boards either side? Would I have to pva a foot or so either side and then sand it off after?

Sponsored Links
neat pva 18 “ all round and feather it in . depending on how good your skimming skills are, if you expect to be sanding anyway you may as well use filler.

neat pva 18 “ all round and feather it in . depending on how good your skimming skills are, if you expect to be sanding anyway you may as well use filler.

I'm no expert but I'm relatively good form my limited experience.

Saying that, I've a bit of touching up to do after I did the slimming this afternoon!

Thnaks for the help with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back