Patch Repair on Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just moved house any our kind previous owners have removed a number of larger light fitting and replaced with ceiling rose. When removing it had left the ceiling in a right mess in a small area.

My plan was to cut back the peice of plaster board to remove the damage and to some joist clean the edges and insert a new peice, screw in the joist at each side.

Now this is where I need a little advice, I have previously filled channelling out with Gyproc board adhesive and then filled over with Gyproc Easi-fill once dry ran over with sander and happy days you can't tell I'd done anything.

Should I do the same with the ceiling but just skim over the board / patch with gyproc easi-fill? I'm gussing I need to tape the edges of the board to the current ceiling? What am I best using?

Also how big of an area do you think I would get away with a patch before I need to call a pro in? I need to turn a loft hatch which many mean removing a 2m x 2m area of plasterboard.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ant

Sponsored Links
2m by 2m is quite big, but if your confident in easi filling and sanding, give it a go. If you cant get it perfect then call in a plasterer, but have a go first, you sound like your quite knowledgable so go for it mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back