H and S gone mad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
352527431_215985044119806_4635345838876731375_n.jpg
a post from the Worthing journal .
Men in hardhats, harnesses and hi-vis in South Street Square this morning.
A cherry picker, with two men in the basket, safely attached.
The said basket then rose 4ft - yes 4ft - into the air so they could attach a hanging basket to a pole.
I wondered how much a cherry picker cost the taxpayer to hire per hour.

Sponsored Links
Is the guy looking at the camera playing pocket pool to pass the time?:whistle:

View attachment 305979a post from the Worthing journal .
Men in hardhats, harnesses and hi-vis in South Street Square this morning.
A cherry picker, with two men in the basket, safely attached.
The said basket then rose 4ft - yes 4ft - into the air so they could attach a hanging basket to a pole.
I wondered how much a cherry picker cost the taxpayer to hire per hour.
Are you gullible enough think that was the only job done that day?

Sponsored Links
Blokes are short in Worthing if thats four feet up. More like 8 feet to the hook. And there’s probably hundreds to fit, quicker than a step ladder.

Somewhere in the bowels of Worthing council there’s a risk assessment for hanging baskets which will clarify everything.........

Blup

To be fair, they do look awkwardly too high up to be able to hook them on from ground level. I bet they're pretty heavy as well. Wonder how many they had to do.

The guy on the right with the arborist’s helmet seems a bit ott though, maybe the flowers needed pruning.

Blup

1 snapshot to give a balanced view.

Councils are wasteful, we all know that. But 1 thing they do, is staff welfare.

Overkill or not, it's a job to say from a snapshot

Are you gullible enough think that was the only job done that day?
of course not .
worker 1 would pick up the basket
worker 2 would check and confirm that it is a basket before handing to worker 3 who would have to then take his hands out his pockets to then hand it up above his head to
worker 4 who is hooked onto the platform in case he topples over who then hands it to
worker 5 to hang it on the hook
worker 6 the supervisor who is out of sight will tick the box to say it has all been done to procedure .
Worker 7 the council traffic warden was making his way to them to give them a ticket saying regardless of excuse they are parked on the pavement and getting fined .

That basket towards the kerb; the bottom can't be more than five feet from the ground (or appears that way; I can't zoom the photo)

I wonder how many people walk straight into them, especially while gawping at their 'phones?

That basket towards the kerb; the bottom can't be more than four feet from the ground.

I wonder how many people walk straight into them, especially while gawping at their 'phones?
worker 8 is left there 24/7 to warn anyone of the hazard ;)

Sponsored Links
Back