H/Tank overflowing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a vented sytem which is overflowing into the header tank.The ball cock is submerged. I was also getting very noisy pipe banging when the system was on. Someone suggested turning down the boiler thermostat which I did and the banging stopped,unfortunately the tank is still overflowing.Do you think it could be the boiler thermostat or is it likely to be a blockage in a pipe.when you turn the boiler thermostat up and down it doesnt affect the flame. Any ideas please it is driving me scatty

Sponsored Links
it won't affect the flame.
just the temp of the water circulating.

try turning the pump speed down aswell.
sounds like a blockage.

sounds like a blockage.

WHICH TANK ? IS IT THE LARGE DOMESTIC COLD WATER TANK OR THE LITTLE HEATING TANK ?

It could be the coil gone inthe cylinder if its the little tank, or mixer taps on the bath passing if its the larger tank, or ballcocks faulty or try turning pump down a notch if its coming over the expansion pipe into the little tank

I have a vented sytem which is overflowing into the header tank.The ball cock is submerged. I was also getting very noisy pipe banging when the system was on. Someone suggested turning down the boiler thermostat which I did and the banging stopped,unfortunately the tank is still overflowing.Do you think it could be the boiler thermostat or is it likely to be a blockage in a pipe.when you turn the boiler thermostat up and down it doesnt affect the flame. Any ideas please it is driving me scatty

Sponsored Links

sounds like a blockage.

WHICH TANK ? IS IT THE LARGE DOMESTIC COLD WATER TANK OR THE LITTLE HEATING TANK ?

It could be the coil gone inthe cylinder if its the little tank, or mixer taps on the bath passing if its the larger tank, or b*****s faulty or try turning pump down a notch if its coming over the expansion pipe into the little tank

Sludge in the system it is or blokage , try to clean system or raise the tank higher if its in the loft

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back