'H' type pipework problems?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have finally sorted out central heating system and all is working fine. I am left however with one or two minor irritations that I would like advice on.

Since having a new boiler fitted (worcester greenstar 40cdi conventional) , my two towel rails make a noise like a toilet cistern filling up. No amount of balancing seems to help. With my old boiler the system was completely quiet. I have had a new pump fitted (Grundfos 15/60; previously had 15/50 but changed as I have 22 radiators) all radiators now heating up nicely, but the new pump which is only a few weeks old has also become noisy and I have it set at setting II not III.

Have also had an automatic bypass valve fitted, although not sure this has been adjusted properly and certainly wasn't adjusted when new pump fitted.

I apparently have an H configuration pipework on an open vented system and wonder if this could be the cause of the noise I am getting, which can be really irritating. The noise is worse when both the hot water and ch are on together. Would it be recommended to get this pipework altered?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Although a H aint great :cry: they Haint that bad -and very common . I would suspect the bypass ,maybe :confused:

Thanks Nige, I will call the guy who fitted it to check it out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back