Had A Fall Out With Tradesmen

Sponsored Links
It wont be a problem

I have a path made or 12" stepping stones in my lawn, the grass rapidly grows over them, I have to use a moon edging tool twice a year to cut it back

at the front of my house there is a council verge which I keep mown, the grass on that grows right across the kerb to the drop to the road -and the kerbs must be 100mm wide

a 45deg haunching would be weaker, maybe they couldve chamfered it a bit

Looks like they are doing a good job to be fair. Look on the bright side, they could have not bothered haunching at all and you would have a lovely lawn but with edging blocks that move.

The block paving drive edging to my front lawn has haunching at 45° . The lawn is generally OK until the very dry weather when it goes a bit yellow. It soon greens up again when it rains. I would doubt that you will not have some yellowing

Sponsored Links
It wont be a problem

I have a path made or 12" stepping stones in my lawn, the grass rapidly grows over them, I have to use a moon edging tool twice a year to cut it back

at the front of my house there is a council verge which I keep mown, the grass on that grows right across the kerb to the drop to the road -and the kerbs must be 100mm wide

a 45deg haunching would be weaker, maybe they couldve chamfered it a bit
Has Brexit had any impact?

I wouldn't go bolstering a newly set and laid edge but would use an angle grinder and diamond blade instead.

Appreciate all the replies, maybe I shouldn't have spat the dummy so early.
So all said and done, after I done some googling for alternative ways to ensure the blocks would not move leaving out the haunching, and there is industrial strength glue, for sticking down the blocks anyone heard of, or seen this method being used? then no worries about grass failing.

Last edited:
Hopefully the broken shovel wasn't in one piece before you fell out!

What like this
mure.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back