had to listen twice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
doing some repair jobs for an insurance company, so i go to see cust about her b/room floor, take the measurements explain it will be a few weeks, any way after her putting me off twice im now due to go 8 sept, but shes also asked if i can do the whole room walls included as a private job at same time, so i quote her, she says ok not a problem, so i put whole week for her.

get a call from her yesterday, telling me plumber cant come on the sunday as arranged before as he is ill, i say not a problem ill get one to call her,

she says she dont want to pay any more than he quoted her, i asked her how much and what he was doing for the money, she says £550 for a complete refit,

im not sure the guy i know will do it for that price but will ask him, (large room, toilet, bidet, shower, bath and sink), she then says that price includes putting back in, so i say ok ill get him to call you,

she then says can you tell him ill pick up the tiles on the saturday and he can fit them after youve finished the floor....

so i ask her what she means?

she says the plumber was doing the refit and the wall tiling for £550 including adh, grout and trims, plus tanking!

so i say the plumber i know wont tile at all, plus if im hearing you right, you want me to call round to get someone to undercut for a job weve already agreed on and ive put time aside for too.

she says yes
her pumber has called off sick? no wonder, its a big job for £550 for all that.

i said ill see what i can do.

like fudge i will

unreal!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
I can see why the £550 guy didn't turn up. Maybe he doesn't exist or has gone back to Poland.

Sponsored Links
im getting paid for the floor through the insurance agency so its cool on that front, however she can beg now and i wont do the walls :cool:

doing some repair jobs for an insurance company, so i go to see cust about her b/room floor, take the measurements explain it will be a few weeks, any way after her putting me off twice im now due to go 8 sept, but shes also asked if i can do the whole room walls included as a private job at same time, so i quote her, she says ok not a problem, so i put whole week for her.

get a call from her yesterday, telling me plumber cant come on the sunday as arranged before as he is ill, i say not a problem ill get one to call her,

she says she dont want to pay any more than he quoted her, i asked her how much and what he was doing for the money, she says £550 for a complete refit,

im not sure the guy i know will do it for that price but will ask him, (large room, toilet, bidet, shower, bath and sink), she then says that price includes putting back in, so i say ok ill get him to call you,

she then says can you tell him ill pick up the tiles on the saturday and he can fit them after youve finished the floor....

so i ask her what she means?

she says the plumber was doing the refit and the wall tiling for £550 including adh, grout and trims, plus tanking!

so i say the plumber i know wont tile at all, plus if im hearing you right, you want me to call round to get someone to undercut for a job weve already agreed on and ive put time aside for too.

she says yes
her pumber has called off sick? no wonder, its a big job for £550 for all that.

i said ill see what i can do.

like fudge i will

unreal!!!!!!!

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ah the old invisible plumber said he would do carpentry, electrical and plumbing and possibly re shingle the roof on his lunch break and then re wire the home all for the price of a plumbing apprentice and on Sunday no less.

Tell her to please give you this blokes name and you hire him and sub contract everything to him and mark it up 50%.

I had a drainer quote a lady a price less then half of mine I called him gave him lots of work doubled his prices and with in a year he went under as he was working 6 days a week and losing money everyday.

The idiot plumber I just replaced was doing a 55 family house came in really cheap was on the job over a year and was thrown off last week.

I am going in above his price and over 60% of the work is completed.

He got killed on the material and labour as he was $300,000 less then the next lowest bidder.

I will net more in the next 3 months then he grossed in a year.

Some contractors have this need to work even if they take work below their costs.

I think the majority of the problem is many fine mechanics are out there but they have no idea about pricing and put little value on their skills.

they have this doubt that they should be compensated properly for their time.

The idiots who are are killing the profession are the guys who call several local contractors and try to come in the middle with their prices not taking into consideration their over head and thinking the other moron knows what they are charging is right.

It is like calling car dealerships and looking at a Bentley and a Ford and going in between and hope your prices are right in line.

I can see why the £550 guy didn't turn up. Maybe he doesn't exist or has gone back to Poland.

Thats a, "Just poppin out to the shops love"... *........................Screech of tyres,..... :LOL:

Back