hair bleaching gone wrong!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can some nice kind person help me please?

About half an hour ago i tried to lighten the roots of my hair - i am a natural light blonde but i was hoping to boost my summer highlights. Instead my hair has gone wrong (horrible yellow)!!! Is there any way to neutralise the effects (it is a permanent dye) - I am sitting here with milk in my hair trying to neutralise the acid!!!! Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
hi im sorry i cant help but i no wot ya goin through a friend bleached my hair a day ago and its yellow so i have to go get it sorted in a salon only problem is i have to got out looking like a weirdo. i no i didnt solve anything but just to let you know you anint the only one lv soph

Try using a wash in colour for blonde hair - it will take the fierceness out....

I have bleached my hair blonde on many occassions....and on many occassions it has turned out a horrible orange (or yellow). I was advised to use a pre-lighterner on my hair and then to put a toner on (not the actual bleach). It did'nt turn out as light as I wanted it but eventually with a little patience and gradual bleaching it turned out perfect!! :D

Sponsored Links
i am not sure but i think it is yellow because you removed it too early, but when you bleach hair it actually goes brittle, so i am afraid you will just have to chalk that one up to experiance, but look on the bright side at least you have hair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back