Hair Trap

WSB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Aside from regularly clearing shower trap, can anyone recommend a good hair trap product.
Have tried the standard types but never work that well.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
9AFAF377-8DCA-4696-B8A2-E620A63D3658.jpeg

Yeah thanks, I'll pass that on to the missus.
Might be tricky when she wants to wash her hair though

Trouble is, any trap is going to do just that - trap the hairs which will cause a blockage.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Sponsored Links
Have tried the standard types but never work that well.

Do you mean that they don't actually catch hair, or that they get gunked up really quickly and stop the shower draining?

What types have you tried. Some go on top, some go inside.

• Thanks
Reactions: WSB
Sorry should have been clearer.

The hairs are getting through the trap and clogging the pipe bend. Fortunately it's quite accessible so easy to clear.

Just want something in place to catch them beforehand and save me the hassle.

There's a removable plastic hair trap thing in the plughole itself but doesn't work well plus I've also put one of those standard mesh grill type things over the hole but even combined with this, they're getting through.

I know there's fancy products out there that can be used so just wondered if anyone had any experience of using these?

I suppose i could just shave my wife's head but not keen on that idea either.

Just want something in place to catch them beforehand and save me the hassle.

I don't know about fancy products, but we use a couple of these, tied together, one on top of the other, to make them fit the drain hole. They are really meant for basins in hair salons. They seem to catch pretty much everything. We were just lucky that they fit our drain hole. They are sold several places. including Ebay.

https://salonsupplies.co.uk/products/vortex-hair-trap

We have a strange shower waste, which is thirty years old, and was a nightmare for blocking. Previously, every six months or so, the waste had to be dismantled and cleaned, but now we've gone fifteen years without a problem.

Vortex hair trap.jpg

That looks quite different to the ones I've been looking at so will give that a go.
Must be decent if they use them in the salons.
Probably just need the one I'd imagine as the plug hole is quite standard.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back