shower trap hair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
What is the best type of trap to fit for hair. The females of the house are always (partially) blocking the shower trap even though it is a fast flow low profile type. I'm going to be fitting a low profile tray and I'm worried it might overflow. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Richard

Sponsored Links
I thought the same Dan but it doesn't pass the missus aesthetic test. I wondered if there was a trap that could be easily cleaned from above after installation of the tray. I wont be able to access the underneath when it is installed.

Thanks

Yes... women are like that.

Universal constants.

Have a trawl through the McAlpine website.

I seem to remember a shower trap that has the chrome bit slot in a bayonet style holder, and the inner part of the trap is removable for cleaning.

Grim job mind.

Sponsored Links
Universal constants... I like that phrase.

I'll have a look at McAlpines website. Thanks for that Dan.

Top-clean shower wastes and combined waste/traps are widely available.
As suggested, McAlpine's website is a good place to start.

http://www.mcalpineplumbing.com/traps/1-189-shower-traps.html

The ones with the suffix 'M' would suit your cleaning needs, but will they fit under your lo-pro tray?

Wirquin do top-clean traps.
The Slim, a low profile trap for 90mm outlets, available with either water or membrane trap.
The James for 11/2" outlets. Bottom or side outlet.
The Tourbillon for 11/2" outlets. Available with either a domed top or open grid.

http://www.wirquin.com/pro-gb-produits.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back