Shower traps to stop hair blockages

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have a recommended trap to stop hair blocking the shower? I have seen the Mcalpine type that seem to have "dip tubes" - would these stop hair?

Sponsored Links
They wont 'stop' hair, but will prove easier to clean out should the need arise. Any sanitary waste pipe has the risk of becoming clogged with soap, hair etc, so some forward thinking is advised to give access for cleaning when installing waste pipes.

I'd rather have Mrs Gti's long hair caught in the "waterfall" type trap under the shower where I can clean it out every 6 months than trapped further downsteam where I can't get at it.

Disgusting job though, it makes me heave.

I'd rather have Mrs Gti's long hair caught in the "waterfall" type trap under the shower where I can clean it out every 6 months than trapped further downsteam where I can't get at it.

Disgusting job though, it makes me heave.

Had to take apart the waste pipes from the basins at a barbers shop the other week, to clean out all the hair that was blocking them. Not so bad when it's your own hair..............

IronNaz would have needed a full NBC suit and a week off afterwards to get over it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Found my first grey pubic hair today.

something like this wouldn't normally bother me....

but it was in a Greggs sausage roll !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back