Hairbrian idea?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had an idea for the, sort of, conversion of an old lean to. I am looking for advice as to whether it seems feesable and also what planning/building permission i might need. Basically I have a kitchen door that exits at first floor level and has a flight of external stairs down to the garden, however the last owner has buit a wall around the stairs, covered the whole area with a wooden and glass lean to and put a door in at the bottom.

I want to remove all of the wood and glass lean to, brick up the door at the bottom and use the remaining structure as the base for a decked terrace area (which would therefore be at first floor level), I would include a picture but I can't workout how!

Does this sound like something that would be possible? How do I know if the walls will take the weight and would I be likely to require planning permission?

Sponsored Links
The quickest way to find out (also free advice) is to make rough drawing or picture to your local planning control and they will tell you there and then.

nkdavidson said:
I would include a picture but I can't workout how!

welcome to the forum, but if you are not sure of something then try searching first.

here is a clue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back