Hairline scratches on porcelain sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just replaced the sink in my downstairs toilet. Having installed it, I've noticed there are 4 or 5 small scratches in the finish. They kind of look like someone's drawn on it with a very fine pencil. I've tried a damp cloth, and also a cloth with white spirit on it, and they are definitely scratches rather than a rub mark from something.

Is there anything I can do to repair them?

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Could they be metallic marks from tools?

You might need a strong acid to remove them.

Tony

Running a finger nail across them, they definitely feel like scratches rather than raised marks.

Unfortunately it was end of line stock, otherwise I'd just replace the whole thing!

Sponsored Links
You need to buy a china rubber or find someone who you can borrow one off as they are about £20 :eek:

Know where I can get one? If I enter "China Rubber" into Google I get dozens of results regarding China's rubber industry! :confused:

Plumb Center or any of the main plumbers merchants, they will work on slight marks but not on heavy scratches, I even use them on radiators to get marks out.

Thanks, there's one nearby, I'll pop up at lunchtime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back