Halal slaughter: Outcry after undercover film exposes brutal

I was critisizing ritual slaughter back in the eighties before the internet was born.
That was because I spoke every day to a guy who visited the abbotoir quite frequently and witnessed the slaughter.
It was halal. Kosher would have had equal denounciation.

Sponsored Links
I was critisizing ritual slaughter back in the eighties before the internet was born.
That was because I spoke every day to a guy who visited the abbotoir quite frequently and witnessed the slaughter.
It was halal. Kosher would have had equal denounciation.
A perfectly reasonable stance. :)

On refreshing my memory, I see it was Whitespirit who put himself in the awkward position of condemning humane ritual slaughter by a religion he dislikes, but not inhumane ritual slaughter of unstunned animals by another religion.

As usual, John, your memory is letting you down. Even worse, you are talking absolute carp and making things up to bolster your notoriously weak arguments.

I have already explained my position on halal and kosher, but it obviously didn't sink in.

QUOTE FROM ONE OF MY POSTS ON ANOTHER THREAD -

Various religions have certain unpalatable practices. I can't stop these practices, although I would very much like to - especially halal and kosher However, by organisations and companies sourcing all of their meat from halal sources, they are encouraging these practices and helping to make the unacceptable, acceptable in the mainstream.

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/paris.423224/page-25#3299977#ixzz3RB9xmFof

Hope you won't be erasing this post to remove evidence. :rolleyes:

We know that Kosher slaughter involves an animal which is never stunned, and has it throat slashed. The absence of stunning before slaughter is somewhat inhumane by modern British standards.

Halal slaughter involves a prayer being said over the animal, but stunning is permitted, and the slaughter can be carried out in an ordinary slaughterhouse using ordinary British methods and by ordinary British slaughtermen.

Do you find the idea of a prayer, inhumane, or incompatible with animal welfare?

Why do you object to meat from an ordinary British slaughterhouse, if someone says a prayer? Do you think it would be more humane without a prayer?

Sponsored Links
John, mate. I've just shown that your untrue statement about me not condemning kosher butchery was either down to failing memory or complete fabrication on your part.

So, you have now posted again, changing tack. Once again, we have already discussed this, and it's getting boring to have to search the forum to drag up posts to remind you.

Please try the 'Search' facility. If you can't remember, the info is all out there.

you're very quick to join the anti-Muslim thread.

Have you been on any anti-cruelty-in-British-slaughterhouses thread?

Or any anti-cruelty-in-Jewish-slaughterhouses thread?

you're very quick to join the anti-Muslim thread.

Have you been on any anti-cruelty-in-British-slaughterhouses thread?

Or any anti-cruelty-in-Jewish-slaughterhouses thread?
Do tell us where these threads are to be found :confused:

If you, or handyjack, or whitespirit, or brigadier actually cared, you would be starting them. But you don't care about cruelty, you only care about lambasting a religion you dislike.

brigadier actually admitted that he doesn't care.

Halal slaughter involves a prayer being said over the animal, but stunning is permitted

Is permitted but only 88% are stunned, why not 100%?

In the UK, Jewish and Muslim communities are exempt from legal requirements to stun animals before slaughter.

Why do they get an exemption?

Does any other person/sect/religion get an exemption from animal cruelty?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Bruadier, for one, has already indicated that he has no objection to inhumane slaughter, he only objects to a religion which he dislikes.

What did you think about the other nine stories?

"Bowood Lamb is the 10th slaughterhouse in which we have filmed undercover since January 2009"

Did you give a toss?

No.

I'll extend you the courtesy that another poster has already done; you have a failing memory.
Go back and read the thread.
I commented that "enough people must give a toss about the story, for the papers to run it."

No opinion of mine given, on the rights or wrongs of the animal abuse, nor the beliefs of the perpetrators.

You then asked me whether I had seen the previous nine instances of animal abuse, and was I concerned about that abuse. I answered "No."
Again, no opinion given on any beliefs.

You just keep on making stuff up, to suit your agenda.

the question I asked is included in your post. It is not what you pretend.

If you, or handyjack, or whitespirit, or brigadier actually cared, you would be starting them. But you don't care about cruelty, you only care about lambasting a religion you dislike.

brigadier actually admitted that he doesn't care.
Quite so, John. It's only ever in bashing the muslims that animal cruelty has been exploited.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: racists/islamophobics exploit sensitive issues to promote their bigotry. But they have no genuine concern for the issues otherwise they would have denounced such issues long before islamophobia was considered.
The title of the thread proves the point.

Sponsored Links
Back