Half concrete half wood, leveling to vinyl tile?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have been reading many posts to try and relate to one, but each one seems slightly different.

I have a wooden floor boarded floor which merges with a concrete floor where the extension was built.

I have removed the old leveling layer of the concrete floor which was cracked.

I want to level the concrete floor to the level of the floorboard, then lay No-more-ply or some concrete board over both to hide the join, and also to Vinyl tile over.

I have checked that there is a DPM under the concrete floor, and the floor itself is very dry (not sure on the %).

I have looked at several different leveling compounds, but I am baffled by the differences. (B&Q, Wickes, Screwfix etc.)

Also can this be done in stages ie.. dam up to a point, level, cure, remove dam, level next area etc etc, as this goes round a corner into another room.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures..

Sponsored Links
I'd ply the chipboard with 3.6mm plywood.
Then use a fibre screed like level flex to screed the concrete area to height of plywood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back