'Hall of Shame' material.

E

EdwardCurrent

Hello All.

Another top class bodge.
After having a quick look at the place, I turned it all off before removing the faceplate, just as well, with that right hand 3.5 !! :eek:

Dodgy.jpg

Regards

Ed ;)

Sponsored Links
I have seen tails with substantial current flowing not cause issues when taken through different holes of a ferrous enclosure.

I think it's just a myth :LOL:

I had a heated debate with a chap last week when we spoke of edy currents and tails via seperate holes.

He showed me a fork lift charger and a welder in his workshop which had 'tails' via seperate holes and glands..........I just could not get it through to him that AC and DC are different kettles of fish!

Sponsored Links
We had a power factor correction unit fitted by Siemens who made the error. Granted around 300A but there was one hell of a noise once current was used. Only required a slot between holes but I can assure you it's not a myth.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back