Hall slate repair clip, any one used them?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive a few slates here and there to sort mostly look like they have been from folk being on the roof unfortunatly. Anyway I want it to look good and done some reading. Not keen on tingles, glue etc and have concluded the best option is probably a normal slate hook which is sometimes used or at least suggested for Spanish slate or Im thinking about the Hall spring clip.

Anyone used these and able to give me any comments?

Much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I recently re-slated my roof in France using these hooks:
http://www.source4me.co.uk/store/Ro...ml?PHPSESSID=56a3b21b079682d3882fb1b4f343085c

You can find a picture in the Projects forum:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=237971

I found them easy to use and saves any hammering on the roof, except for the odd occasion that you need to use the ones with a point, when it coincides with a rafter.

I bought them by the box, I'm not sure if you can buy then individually.

I counter battened before fixing the lathe in order to avoid puncturing the membrane with the hooks. You might find that there's a danger of puncturing your membrane/felt.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back