Halogen Pin / holder Corrosion

Hi the terminology is sometimes misleading hence the "" they still run hot but the design pushes the heat out. hence the rolling eyes. However the ones i mean are these Coolfit , not cool running apologies.

I have also been assuming ELV (12v) lights when you said the "pins" are corroded so these are not of use if you have 240v GU10 lamps .

Anyway hope it helps

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FRCL02B.html

Just go down the page to the lamp section but note the red writing on the fitting description this is what i was reffering to as a possible problem.

Sponsored Links
Update - I replaced the bulbs in question again a few weeks ago - with standard 'non cool' lamps. I have had no problem since.
Therefore the conclusion must be that the previous owner must have put the 'cool' type lamps in these holders only - therefore overheating the fitting and wiring. Thanks all! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back