Halstead Ace HE 30, no heating.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning, went to look at this yesterday and was first time I'd visited a Halstead HE boiler so just interested to see if any of you have any experience with them.

Hot water is working perfectly, just having problems with heating mode. Boiler fires on demand runs for 10 secs or so and shuts off on thermostat. Water inside boiler is very hot, boiler is bled of air as is the system. No fault code, pump is working fine just seems water is circulating inside boiler.

It appears there's been a leak on the aav (surprise surprise) which is sited just above the hydroblock assembly, that has run down onto the diverter valve motorised head. I think the diverter valve motor is the fault but having got a price on it, I'm just looking for another opinion.

Thanks fellas.

Sponsored Links
Trade enquiries are best deal with in the Combustion chamber part of the site.

I agree the diverter valve seems at fault but very easy to push pin to check.

The DV motor is quite cheap if its the standard 240v one.

Tony

Trade enquiries are best deal with in the Combustion chamber part of the site.

I agree the diverter valve seems at fault but very easy to push pin to check.

The DV motor is quite cheap if its the standard 240v one.

Tony

I haven't got round to applying for the CC yet, I'll do it in a minute.

The motor itself is a type of which I haven't seen before and couldn't actually see a pin to test. Coupled with the fact it's very difficult to get to due to the stupid Halstead boiler design and the boiler was full of very hot water, I couldn't get in there.

I've been quoted around £80+ VAT (trade) for the motor. It's a tiny little plastic part, was expecting half that! This is from Gas Appliance Spares and a local firm. Searched around web too and found it no cheaper, would love to know somewhere that it is bit cheaper.

Thanks for your reply.

Thee are only three common types I see, the 240v one, the stepper on Vaillants and the small one stepper used on Viessmann.

Luckily I dont go to many Halsteads, and even then mostly old ones.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's a common design tbh, seems to just slide in below the pump held in by one screw.

I'm just going to bite the bullet and order it. It's for a mate with a 4-month daughter so need to get things moving asap.

I hate breakdowns. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back