Halstead ace HE24...Help me!!Plz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.Iv got a Halstead ace He24.I Arrived home today from work and soon realised there was no hot water.On investigating the boiler,there was no power.Checked the 3amp fused spur and replaced it (temporarily with 13) and how presto,she awakened! Only not fully. Fault code 7 flashing..O no.Manual says:Defective fan/flame,REASON:missing or Erroneous RPM signal Action:Check fan
Check mains fan lead & connector
Check low voltage fan lead & connector
Check PCB/X3 connector

On reading endless posts this evening ,im gathering halsteads seem to have an on going problem with there PCB design. Im asking for any advice on this as £130 ish for new board is a lot without being 100%.Would be very grateful for any suggestions, and no need to question my competence regarding this.Just want some views!Thanks
1st timer Lee

Sponsored Links
I would check the fan first.

It may now be defunct, but you don't want to chance the fan blowing the new pcb as well :cry:

thanks for replying !
Im pretty sure the fan is running. Well im assuming its the fan i hear. Is there a way of checking the board?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back