Halstead Ace High Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has just moved into a house with a Halstead Ace High Boiler. The hot water works fine but the water pressure shows zero on the scale. How do we top up the pressure to the recommended one bar. The previous owner did not leave any instructions.

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately we don't appear to have anything like that under the boiler can we purchase it?

Search elsewhere, you have to have something similar somewhere! The braided hose sectiion may no be attched but there should still be a pair of capped valves.

Sponsored Links
I don't know this model but some combi boilers can have a open vent heating system in which case you would not have a filling loop. Like I said I'm not 100% maybe gasman can shed a little light.

Also the hot water works fine? Does the heating? Have you bleed all the rads and such?

this boiler is for sealed systems only, to the op have a look in what used to be the airing cupboard for the filling loop.

sometimes even beind washing machines or under the sink. As abive, check airing cupboard first.

Cheers Picasso I shall now shut it. Haha just one thing i take with this model unlike others it still fires ok for hot water even with no or low pressure unlike some ie low press switch (just asking don't mean to hijack or be rude)

Look under the boiler & you will find two black plastic levers , one on the left & one on the right , these are the valves used for filling the system.

This model isnt a condensing boiler is it? think it was the last model before condensors came in,,,, i think i have one fitted...

i have the fittings that you have to open with a phillips screwdriver to allow air in then tighten it back up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back