halstead ace high diverter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all me again with my friends halstead ace high problems now we have got the upstairs rads getting warm when the heating is not on had a guy round for a quote he says its the diverter valve and it will cost £205 wth part and labour i think thats a bit steep any thoughts from members as to what cost should be dont like getting ripped off or is that about right thanx

Sponsored Links
How the fek would we know, we haven't seen the job, area, parking, top floor flat, dossland no go area, nasty dog, nasty wife, price of diverter, boiler fitted too close to walls floor ceiling etc etc etc, broke my crystal ball and Halfords wont sell them anymore, used to have one on my dashboard, Health and Safety or something, very useful for driving behind BMW drivers.

no need for that reply for your info the house is spotless no dog boiler in ground floor kitchen on wall simple to access ample parking outside so i dont think the tradesman will have any problems by the way cost of diverter less than £40 if is just the diaphram £5 so i must be in the wrong job if you plumbers want £160 labour for a 10minute job i better start a plumbing course plenty of dickheads out there to rip off

If you can get the parts at that price then go for it if you have the skills.You won't do that in 10 minutes.

Sponsored Links
no need for that reply for your info the house is spotless no dog boiler in ground floor kitchen on wall simple to access ample parking outside so i dont think the tradesman will have any problems by the way cost of diverter less than £40 if is just the diaphram £5 so i must be in the wrong job if you plumbers want £160 labour for a 10minute job i better start a plumbing course plenty of dickheads out there to rip off

Last time i bought a diverter for an ace high it was the best part of £150 and they arent the easiest to fit

Let Mr I can get part for £40.00 all plumbers are rip off merchants do it in 10 minutes, get on with it.

As soon as people come on here asking for prices I know they are rip off customers.

service kits are about 40 squid not the whole valve lol

if its the whole diverter akgas sellin it for £82 with vat not bad thats half the price we was quoted i reckon it only needs the service kit as this boiler is not used much they out most of the time i do know things can fail but its always been serviced and is spotlessly clean inside only just starting to fail now

if its the whole diverter akgas sellin it for £82 with vat not bad thats half the price we was quoted i reckon it only needs the service kit as this boiler is not used much they out most of the time i do know things can fail but its always been serviced and is spotlessly clean inside only just starting to fail now

Its £117 plus vat from akgas. £205 all in for a new valve isnt a bad price at all. Dont like it, then DIY...

So £117.00 plus 20% = £140.40, so £64.60 labour including travelling, what a rip off merchant, robbing bastard, I should DIY it for definite.

We have a foreign family near us, Germans I think, the ****z.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back