Halstead Ace high, low pressure but no leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my halstead has stopped delivering hot water even though the flame is burning. Pressure has always been half a bar with no problem (tho the CH has never worked). I've opened the refill valves and the pressure rises but drops as soon as I close the valves. Second attempt it dropped to .9 bar (atmospheric?) instead of .5

A leak seems obvious but there is no evidence of water apart from in the taps, and as I said it's always worked fine on 0.5 bar. I'm even wondering if my wall cavities are full of water. ... and even if it was leaking, surely the tap water should still be hot

Could an air leak from the radiators cause this, even with the switch set to hot water only? I am clueless about plumbing and boilers in general (but I know some physics).

Any clues as to the problem?

*SOLVED* The fan seized so the flame wouldnt burn, but the fan was so hot it felt like the boiler was on, and was even heating the water a little

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back