Halstead Ace High water going cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We've been having long term problems with this boiler. Though the heating seems to work perfectly every time, the hot water kept going completely cold, we called BG out many times on their cover and they changed a few parts, things improved a bit but it's still going cold mainly during my partner's showers (if you've got any cures for earache too please!).

As the heating side still works great has anyone any ideas on what this could be?, the pressure seems to go quite low every few days and I have to bring it up again, I think it's dripping from the outside pipe.

Any advice would be most welcome, Jon

Sponsored Links
you need to check if it is dripping out side, if the prv is letting by you need to get this fixed, when your system is running what is the reading on the pressure gauge?

Your problems could be as simple as a dirty plate to plate especially if you have been topping up your system for a while, does the water only go cold when you use the shower?

Actually it's not just the shower, happens to sink and bath too but these seem more reliable.

Sometimes the pressure is as low as 0.5 when on, I top up to 1.5, I think this is when it starts to drip outside.

Is it possible for me to clean a dirty plate myself or do I need to get someone in? would it be covered with BG insurance?

Cheers for the reply!

Sponsored Links
when the central heating is running what is the gauge reading then? cleaning the plate to plate is possible if you feel confident, but would you know what to look for with regards to it being dirty and how to clean it?

The thing i cannot understand is that if you have had BG out, why hasn't this problem been put to bed by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back