Halstead Ace Pressure Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, long time prowler of these forums looking for something that would help me with my Halstead Ace. I'll try and summarise whats happens with my hot water, any guidance gratefully received:
1. Bath tap on, hot water coming out, boiler pressure at 1.5bar
2. Boiler ignites and you can hear it heating up, pressure start fluctuating between 1.3 and 1.6.
3. Pressure rises to 2 bar, gurgling noise, hissing and steam from top left of boiler.
4. Pressure falls to 1.2ish hissing stop and pressure back to 1.5.
5. Ignites again and overtemperature lock out comes on.

Suggestions?

Not sure if this helps but the tap whistles slightly when on, this definitely increases in line with the boiler warming up
Also I only seem to have 3 lukewarm radiators upstairs and 3 cold ones downstairs. Bled them, tried the air forcing round technique, no joy. So any guidance here welcome.

Thanks in advance
Cold, poor and miserable :(

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the pump has failed mate or is about too. Boiler is overheating and the AAV is getting rid of the excess heat in the boiler.

The pump being faulty would explain the poor circulation of the rads too

Bit more info....

Checked the pump (big silver screw out, had look in, all spinning fine)

Espansion vessel TLC..... can you explain a bit more, thats the big orange thing at the back which has like a bike valve sticking out of it?

Sponsored Links
Espansion vessel TLC..... can you explain a bit more, thats the big orange thing at the back which has like a bike valve sticking out of it?

Needs recharging mate, there is a faq above but basically you need to open the heating drain (and keep it open) and drop the pressure on the system then, using a bicycle pump or similar, re-charge the EV to about one BAR then refill the system.

Sounds like a good (and cheap!!) plan, I'll give it a go, once I obtain a pump, and report back.

Hooray, feels like I've moved forward more in the last 10 minutes than the previous 2 months!!! Should of posted ages ago.....

Drained and pumped up the EV, still doing the strange pressure game. Although radiators seem to have got better, upstairs toasty, downstairs luke warm, so progress made

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back