Halstead Buckingham 4 not lighting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Gents,

Came home today to find that my Halstead Buckingham 4 wasn't lighting. Followed the fault finding in the manual, fan comes on fine, call for heat and it tries to light several times until it eventually gives up and the LED's read out 'Ignition Lockout' which helpfully the manual doesn't seem to give an explanation of or solution too.

Hopefully you guys will know exactly what the problem is and be able to point me in the right direction(s)?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys,

a bit of extra info. When the boiler is trying to ignite it makes a humming sound rather like a pylon/electricity line in the rain. For the last few days befire it packed up it had been making this noise but much louder. Does that give anyone any clues as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

Not familiar with this appliance, I've got a feeling it might be a rebadged boiler, possibly glowworm? Post a picture of the appliance and you should get a better response.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that, Halstead are quite a common brand and have been featured on here in several topics. Their website and brochures don't give the impression that they are a rebadge, i'll add a photo later.

Anyone else got any ideas on this? Have searched and searched both on here and on google and can't find any sort of definitive answer (I appreciate it is difficult to diagnose a boiler that you can't either see or touch) but would really like to pinpoint was is causing the lockout before either attempting repair or calling in the professionals.

Come on guys, i've been coming on here for years and you've never let me down yet...

Not a rebadged appliance just cheap crap! sorry to be so blunt but these boilers are naff.
Could be the gas valve like prev mentioned or perhaps a the fan sticking which would cause it to hum. Very hard to tell without seeing the boiler.

Sorry

No need to apologise and be as blunt as you like, its a horrible piece of cheap tat and i would have ripped it out as soon as i bought the house if it weren't for the fact that the previous owner only had it installed 6 months earlier.

With the front panel off you can actually see the solenoid function as the current is applied so don't think it is that. Fan definitely running ok.

I'll just have to bite the bullet and get in the professionals.

Plumbers are hard to come by around mine, any recommendations/contacts for a professional, reliable and if possible cheap(er) plumber in the Darlington/Bishop Auckland area?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back