Halstead Finest Gold combi again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Halstead Finest Gold combi boiler installed in my new house was fitted about 6 years ago and all the pipework for the CH and DHW had been finished but no radiators had been fitted. The small building firm doing the work went bust. I have now fitted 7 radiators and filled, flushed and re-filled the system . I have left the system at 2 bar and have followed the set-up procedure in the manual. The boiler when first switched on, with the time clock OFF and only the DHW control turned fully clockwise, goes through its checks and after 6 or so seconds stops the fan and pump and sits there with a green light on waiting for a hot water demand. When the hot water tap is opened and I run down stairs to check, the boiler is showing the red lockout light. I can`t tell if the boiler is trying to light or not. Is there a way to get the boiler to use the ignition sequence without having the gas turned on? Could the gas pipes be full of air even though all the valves are open. The gas hasn`t been turned on for about 6 years either.
Any ideas?
Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
If the gas line has never been used, it will need purging and testing. The boiler will also need commisioning. The gas meter is possibly sealed. This is not DIY work and you should employ a Gas Safe engineer to carry out this vital safety work.

Hi mrgas, the gas meter isn`t sealed but the main gas valve hasn`t been opened for years.
Thanks again for your input.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back