Halstead Combi 102 - Hot Water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 6 year old Halstead Combi 102 - My problem is that we only get hot water when the central heating is on. If the heating timer is off or we select only hot water then the boiler does not fire up and obviously the water runs cold..... any ideas ??

Sponsored Links
Based on my knowledge of a halstead ace high being similar.
If boiler is not firing up when hot taps turned on, it because the micro switch is not being triggered by the diverter valve. This is becuase the diverter valve is not being moved across by the 'diaphragm switch assembley' and thats because the diaphragm has a hole in it.

I have identified the DHW Micro S/W and the diverter pin however the installation manual makes no mention of a Diaphragm assembly, Would it be the Flow Switch Assemby maybe??

Yes that's the one! About 3.5 ins diameter with two pipes. One either side of diaphragm. Fits to the right of the 'diverter valve.

Sponsored Links
Just to finish this off... got a new diaphram (£12) fitted it as per the manual and boiler is now as good as new.

I made the mistake of not pushing the two small pipes all the way back into the housing - otherwise they will leak.

Good to hear you've fixed it! Where did you get your diaphragm from.
The halstead kit is about £30 and as far as I know they dont sell diaphragms only.

I managed to get a diaphragm repair kit from Plumb Centre, the kit had everything needed to replace all internal parts of the flow swithch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back