Halstead Eden CBX24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if I can get a wireless programmable timer for one of these? The manual says I can get a thermostat, and I can see from the manual wiring that I simply need to wire in two cables, but I'd like a proper programmable timer as the electro mechanical one is really inflexible (and in the baby's room, so can't be changed once he's sleeping.

Sponsored Links
You can fit ANY kind of external controlled that you choose.

It just needs the two wire connection to your boiler.

Tony

Thanks for the reply, would I just set the electro mechanical timer to always on, and let the wireless thing do the magic?

Halstead did used to sell a plug in RF thermostat called a RFTH1 or an RFTHM. The are now sold through Glen Dimplex boilers. This will mean you don't have to "wire in" a thermostat, its just a plug and play and does away with the plug in clock.

Salus also sell a retro-fit programmer called an rt500bc... again this will directly fit into the programmer hole in the boiler..

easy peasy.

Sponsored Links
I appreciate that this is an old thread but if this boiler only requires two cables for the thermostat, will it work with the hive which has a total of 6 ports?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back