Wireless Stat/timer for Main Combi BOiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I wonder if someone has done something similar. Would appreciate feed back from friends.

I have a Main Combi Boiler 30KW installed with an electro mechanical timer and a room thermostat.

I want to install a wireless stat that comes with the in built timer. The selected option is a Salus RT500BC Programmable.

1. How can I install this wireless system?

2. Unfortunately, I cannot install the receiver on the boiler as it will be behind the facia of the boiler in a cupboard and I think that the transmitter waves may not reach the receiver to accept commands. Therefore can i install the receiver outside the boiler and make connections to the boiler using a four core cable?

Thanks in advance

Naren

Sponsored Links
Don't mess about with that salus rubbish. Doesnt make any sense trying to convert a plug in reciever into an external one.Just get a honeywell cm927. Or if you don't mind having a few less features then get the plumb center version for 50 quid. It's just a more basic version of the cm927

Can u guide me more on this Honeywell system and its installation technique/wiring.

Where can i place the receiver?

Thanks

Reciever needs 3 or 4 wires to be wired to the boiler. Live Neutral switched live and live supply. You dont have to get the latter from the boiler. You can just put a link wire in at the reciever. Reciever can go anywhere you want. The length of your wire is up to you!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Question : I am not sure about the wires coming the current thermostat. I thought these could only be two wires. Am I right?

Do you need a wireless stat if you already have wires installed? I use these if programming is required at the stat position. Far cheaper and less messing around installing it. Just use the existing 2 wires, and stick in the 2 batteries. No good if you want to put the stat somewhere else of course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back