MAIN ECO 30 combi room stat question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am after a little help. I have a MAIN ECO 30 Combi boiler fitted with a FLEXISTAT wireless room stat. the receiver is located in aperture of the boiler where the integrated timer would go. The reception of this stat seems to be really poor. So I want to move the receiver in to the house.
Two questions:-
1) is is possible to replace the receiver with an integrated clock AND then relocate the receiver to the centre of the house. So I can use the roomstat and timer for functionality 99% of the time. But as the control panel isn't that user friendly, when I want to put the heating on sporadically – use the integrated timer, and then switch it off again afterwards. Or would having the two controls in tandem conflict one another?
1) if I cant have the integrated timer and the external room stat, what should I do with the four wires that are currently connected to the receiver on the rhs of the boiler?
Thanks so much for your time and help.
stu

Sponsored Links
hi, thanks. thing is, i already have both the wireless roomstat and the intergrated timer. so i was hoping to fix my issue without spending money.. also my house is much colder down stairs than up. so i thought with the wireless roomstat this would enable me to be comfortable in the room that i am in?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back