Fitting a Salus IT500 to a Baxi 105HE combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a baxi manufacturers fitted wireless mechanical timer / thermostat that has failed on the mechanical side so unable to switch timed heating on and off !
I have installed a IT500 salus control thatwill not switch the boiler on ! The transmitter and Receiver are talking but when calling for heat the boiler doesn't see it ?
I have spoken to Salus tech line and as the units are talking they say there is not a problem, Have I missed something ? any help would be most appreciated?

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian
How would I go about doing that ?
I've just been out at the boiler tiding up and I happened to drop the original wireless controller and the boiler ignited ! and I had the salus calling for heat light flashing ! when I lowered the temp on the salus controller the boiler switched off !!!! (the old control had switched itself on ) I've scoured the net earlier on but this has never been mentioned ?

any thermostat is simply a switch, you cant have two on the same system, or one will override the other, best practice is to completely remove the existing and put a wried link in between the two ports , easy test is turn the existing to always on and maximum temp and see if your new one works, you will have to link out the old controls though at some stage

Sponsored Links
Hi Ian
Have done what you suggested ( which is what happened when I dropped the old control ) and yes the new one works fine
I've removed a few more covers and the wireless rx has 4 wires: live, neutral, and two black which go back to a 4 pin push connection to the pcb. The label inside the boiler states " if fitting an external controller just remove the jumper between pins 1-2 and use pin 2 as the 230v switching wire from the NO contact on the new control" so where do I actually link out ?

you are confusing me, is your salus receiver unit the type with the small round clock type that fits into the boiler facia ? if so link 1&2 at the wiring terminal

Sorry, no the New salus iT500 is fitted outside the boiler. The original baxi fitted control is a round wireless rx fitted in to the boiler and I have a wireless controller unit with the small round clock and temp control.

OK the salus should be wired into 1&2 on the wiring terminal and the round baxi receiver on the boiler facia you need to link the switching wires , you will have a L&N and then 2 other wires usually black and in terminals 3&4 but double check and join the two switching wires then you are set up

Hi Ian, apologies for the confusion it's never as easy as these supplied instructions make it out to be But i'mn all up and working. Thankyou for all your help and advice it's been most appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back