WiFi thermostats - Salus iT500

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to upgrade my heating control and being a gadget freak, I'd like a 'smart' solution. I've come across the Salus iT500 but can't find much information or any user reviews on it. I was wondering if anyone here knew anything about it? More importantly, if I can actually use it in my system?

I currently have a wireless thermostat that provides nothing more than on/off at a defined temperature. This is used in conjunction with a mechanical timer on my Vokera Compact 25 boiler.

Sponsored Links
You can use it but it costs about £350 and I don't see what you hope to achieve other than to have a new toy.

As far as I know there is no makers equipment to vary the boiler flow temperature as you would with weather compensation.

The Gadget Man TV program on CH4 can give you more ideas for other tops!

Tony

:rolleyes: Less than £200 would be more realistic.

I already have the robot arm painting my hall; the wall-papering machine doing my living room; a robot mowing my lawn and one vacuuming my carpets; now I want a wifi thermostat.

Thanks for your concern regarding my finances, though.

Sponsored Links
I have a friend called Eugene who is possibly more Geeky than the Gadget Man.

He was in the Big Brother 6 (?) with Makosi amd was at the time a "26 year old virgin". Now he is older but probably still a virgin.

Since you like gadgets why not replace your boiler with one that takes Weather Compensation as that is much more fun to play with!

But do you have a walking table?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back