Salus IT500 not working properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Salus IT500 wireless thermostat connected to my Worcester Greenstar Boiler. Usually it works fine and switches ON and OFF the heating and water as per my weekly schedule.

However, on occasion I find that even though I can see on my thermostat and smart phone Salus App that the heating is switched off in reality the boiler is still running heating the house to almost 34 degrees C !

No matter if i toggle between ON and OFF on the thermostat or smartphone APP it makes no difference.

The only way I can STOP the boiler from continuously running is by switching off and back on its electricity switch . Once I have done that it seems to behave itself for a few days / weeks
( varies) before manifesting itself again.
This has been happening for the past one year or so , was fine before.
The boiler and receiver are located in the loft. Thermostat is in landing area just underneath the loft.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't help you in afraid, but my experience with salus is that it's cheap tosh and causes more issues than it solves.

Strange, i have one and it works fine, only use it for heating, there is a lag on teh app but it does work, have you tried to delete the app and download teh latest one.

Also the app is slow to catchup on the commands being relayed to teh boiler, when i change temp to lower on teh app, it still show the old settings after a min, after i logout of the app and back in again, the new settings have been applied.

Last edited:
salus are extremely unreliable, better change it for something worthwhile

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the replies. Which brand is reliable and recommended ?

we all have our different preferances, all depends on what level of control you want, there are so many choices these days

You can't go wrong with Honeywell t6r wireless, Or the nest.

Hive is ok for on off heating.

Could go Bosch keeping with the boiler and make use of the low voltage opentherm type controls etc

It's all down to cost really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back