Halstead Finest Platinum H/W Problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We have a Halstead Finest Platinum, its 6 years old. The problem is with the domestic hot water, for instance when running a shower the boiler will stop heating the water for 10 seconds or so then restart, there are no lock out lights or led codes, absolutely nothing. It just stops heating the water (even though the water is still flowing through the boiler) then it restarts heating the water again, this will then repeat at random during the shower, the time between restarts is variable.

We have flushed the heating system twice, fitted a magnaclean and had the plate heat exchanger professionally cleaned, none of which fixed the problem. The C/H works fine.

Any advice about what to try from here would be appreciated..?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the plate h/ex was properly cleaned I would check the HW thermister, if you have on, not all boilers do and I can't remember if yours does or not.

Sponsored Links
Ha.! Yeah she's very close to being dumped.!!

Anyway, I hate to beaten.! So just to recap, I have changed the hot water thermistor, changed the diverter valve and cleaned the plate heat exchanger twice (industrial strength de-scaler) + flushed system & fitted magnaClean...

... and still same problem; when you run the DHW it will heat for about two minuets then the boiler simply switches off, NO lockout or NO errors, just switches off then 10 seconds later it fires up again, and repeat...

Any serous ideas would be appreciated..???

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back