Halstead finest platinum

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi peeps, I am new on this site and I have problem with my boiler.

Its 2 1/2 year old so it has just expired the warranty!! The problem is that my boilers pressure has dropped, just above 0.5 bar. I tried to fill it up but does not do much makes a funny squeaky noise sometimes and take ages to even go up 1mm! And sometimes even when u open the valve it does not do anything. Few months ago (6) I had the system power flushed as I was having heating problem. halsted sent an engineer who stated that there was crap in the rad system. After that they changed the CH exchange unit?

Now the problem is my hot water runs hot and warm and then sometimes it just triggers the boiler to cut out!

CH works fine all rads warm up as the should do, but its just the HW playing up.

Can anyone help? sorry if my explanation is poor. I am not CORGI minded. lol

Sponsored Links
I get the feeling that when you run the boiler for all that time with all that Combined Rubbish And Particles in it that it wreaked havoc in your boiler.
When your system was flushed there were many parts of your boiler that flushing could not reach. [If only heineken did powerflushing LOL]
The parts most suspect at the moment are the plate heat exchanger and the pressure guage sensing tube/port
Seeing as it is still seems full of C.R.A.P. who knows whats next?

Its worth checking the DHW sensor before ripping the boiler to bits though. Instructions for LED check are in the MI's
There could also be a rare fault with the filling loop valve sticking in the closed position

You know there are TWO valves on the filling loop?

Your HW diaphragm may need changing. Check the pin on the LHS of the diverter. It should come out to push the leaf on the microswitch, in the plastic box, hard against the switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back