Halstead Platinum Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I have a Halstead Platinum Finest boiler which has developed an intermittent fault. When it goes into fault the DHW and CH both stop working and when I push the reset button for >3 secs, I get the fault code for low water pressure.
The water pressure is 1.2 bar and the gauge is working properly.
My problem is I cannot locate the pressure switch. The only reference to it in the manual is in the section for the fault codes. It's not listed in the parts list either.
I can only assume that the switch/sensor is built into the DHW flow switch. The led on this lights up when the unit is running ok and is not lit when it is in fault.
I need some guidance as to what might be wrong and where to find the pressure switch.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
There is no pressure switch.

I suppose that if you buy a cheap boiler than you have to accept that the manual may have errors!

I would be checking the waveform on the PCB supply rail.

Tony

So, what causes the boiler to stop working when the water pressure drops?
Also, as for your assumption, I didn't buy the boiler I inherited it when I bought the house.

Sponsored Links
The pump proving switch fails to operate.

You could measure the ON contact resistance and watch it operating.

Some inheritances are not worth the bother!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back