Hammer drill no longer stops dead

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
so after having my Erbauer 18v hammer drill for 3 years, its's worked flawless for me by the way......
....the step-son has it 3 weeks and yesterday i used it for the 1st time since he'd had it, and when i release the trigger the drill slows to a stop, when it should stop immediately.

Now i'm assuming this is a fault, but i'm wondering how much longer the drill may last before it dies completely?

Goddamm kid cannot take care of anything. The 10.8v impact driver i've let him use, all the rubber grips are falling off. Again, he's had it 3 weeks. He's been working with a sparky with a view to be taken on as an apprentice (he's done all the college stuff and is now qualified, but not 'approved').
I can't believe the work he does would leave these 2 tools in such a state after only 3 weeks use.

Anyway, advice on the 18v please. Is it about to see the end of its days?

Sponsored Links
for many years battery tools did not have motor brakes and worked fine so may last for years

a tip put the drill in low gear to operate the chuck if its a one handed chuck

Sponsored Links
I had a bosch 24V SDS drill that did the same. It worked fine for a couple of years after the brake failed, and finally died through me abusing it as per usual.

And stop lending him your tools.

Now, THIS seems like the best solution.
The kid has no respect for anyone or anything.........except himself!
When he's paid out of his own pocket he'll suddenly develop a new regard for looking after them.

Yep, that's what i keep saying......but i do wonder, this kid just doesn't get it. We've had countless arguments over him not showing any respect for other's belonging.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back