Hammering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had a leak in heating system. Man came, drained the system and put in some kind of sealant. Now, after the heating has been on for a few hours, one radiator starts banging really loudly and the only way to stop it is to turn the radiator off. He did bleed the radiators and i have done them again but no air is coming out. Would be grateful for any advice offered. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Not sure i trust him enough to get him back . I called him to locate the leak and all he did was put sealer in, didn't even look for the leak. Not sure how much draining and sealing costs but it wasn't a cheap job

Not sure i trust him enough to get him back . I called him to locate the leak and all he did was put sealer in, didn't even look for the leak. Not sure how much draining and sealing costs but it wasn't a cheap job
Always best to find the leak and repair it, cowboys use leak sealer , it really messes up modern boilers, they just turn water into mud and cause more problems than they cure

Great . Why do so called tradespeople do these kind of things. Quick easy job im guessing ☹️

If the problem has been caused by the sealer, can it be fixed?

Does the banging radiator have a older uni-directional thermostatic radiator valve? Post a pic..

Here is a photo

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_203217.jpg
    IMG_20200819_203217.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 120
Does it have 2 arrows on it or a right angle symbol?
Closer up pic of the valve body req.

No, that's the thermostatic head...pics of the valve body..the bits with the nuts on.

Sorry ☹️ hopefully this is what you mean.

Attachments

• IMG_20200819_233709.jpg
    IMG_20200819_233709.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 113

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back