Hand texture brick & patch replace house render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently had a builder install some french doors in the place of an old window. The door was narrower than the window so he used layed some new bricks to fill the gap. Unfortuantly the house is built with the old imperial size texturized brick and for the replacement we could only find imperial non texturized brick. All the bricks at the bottom are painted red (the way the house came) but even after painting the new bricks still stand out. I'm wondering if there is anyone who can advise me on how to hand texturize the bricks to blend them in?

For the middle to the top of the door the house has a pebbledash render painted white. I need to add the render over the new bricks. I've got some lime chippings and think that I just have the throw them hard against a cement mix but I was wondering what mix would be best to use? I do have some dry coat left from a Damp Proof Course that I could use: http://www.tbsmerchants.co.uk/cgi-bin/build/detail/HC03113B_25kg_Bag_Thistle_Dry_Coat_Plaster.html

which would be extra water repellent along with the paint coats over the top.

...or would a simple 4 cement: 1 sand mix be better?

Thanks in advance,

T

Sponsored Links
Texturise?

Is that a real word or a Bushism?

Anyhoo, begs the question: Why, in this age of reclamation yards and the abundance of re-claimed materials, could you not find some imperial bricks?

We are practically falling over them in Staffs.:cool:

Texturize?

Is that a real word or a Bushism?

Anyhoo, begs the question: Why, in this age of reclamation yards and the abundance of re-claimed materials, could you not find some imperial bricks?

We are practically falling over them in Staffs.:cool:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Imperial bricks we can get, but imperial bricks with the exact same textured finish that mine have we could not get.

Texturize is a real word:

To apply a physical texture to; To apply a visual texture to
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/texturize

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back