stucco render

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my property re-rendered last year, with a stucco finish. I made the mistake a few months ago of switching my telephone provider. This involved some idiot from a telecommunications company installing a line at the front of the property and knocking out a chunk of render in the process. I had the builders back to fill the hole with cement and I've subsequently painted it over. However, the cement is of a slightly rougher texture than the stucco and I've applied the paint too liberally. Consequently the patch in question doesn't stand up to close inspection.

What's the best way of remedying the situation? Should I sand down the area both to get rid of the excess paint and smooth the cement filling prior to starting again with the paint? If so, what grade of sandpaper is best?

The wall has been painted with Dulux Smooth Weathershield. Would it be worthwhile applying a textured paint, e.g. Sandtex, as a base coat to mask any remaining defect prior to applying another coat of Weathershield?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back