Handleless Kitchen Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm putting together a new kitchen. I've got all my carcasses in place and I'm tying to get drawer fronts. The style of kitchen I'm going for is the handle-less style with an aluminium profile so you can get your finger behind to open the drawer. The problem I'm having is this. The carcass is 725mm high, if i want three drawers, say 1x141mm and 2x283mm then that gives me 707mm,. My remaining space is 18mm. Because this system uses the aluminium profile, this needs a gap of at least 25mm to get your finger in to pull the drawer open. For a 3 drawer system you can use two profiles, one at the top, and one between the 2nd and 3rd drawer. This will add an extra 50mm to height taking it to 760mm ish so will overhang the bottom.

Has anyone installed this type of kitchen before, how to you compensate for the size of the aluminium profile?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Any pics or links to draws , think you have measurement incorrect.
If they are desidned to be used without handles they will not require any more space than standard.

This is the type of kitchen i'm after.

I need to speak to the person again, because the quote i got had a unit with 1x141mm front and 2x283mm fronts. if they are these heights then the overall length will be greater than the unit height. (including the spacing needed for the profile)

I'm trying to find out if they are the length stated or actually shorter because they don't have the finger-pull at the top of the door

This is the profile detail, so you can see the extra gap you need between the drawers.[/img][/url]

Sponsored Links
Usually full height drawers would be supplied as standard and if your after the grab handle these would be an extra and would require reduced height drawer fronts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back