Required - Kitchen base units etc - olde style (no carcass)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to get good quality old style all-in-one kitchen base units, but on legs (no carcass, or separate end panels). I'd like to drop a sit-on sink into a 1000x600 base, and I need a 500 wide drawers unit, both on legs...?

A few new wall cabinets would be good too, if I can find similar, without carcass.

Thank y'all mucho.

Sponsored Links
still not with you. What would you take off this to stop it being a carcass?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kitchen-...ac6f6ccf6:m:mbyvn4JZYN_GDvuc1G49x9A:rk:1:pf:0

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I wandered around looking at cabinets and bases which seemed comprise of an outer shell mounted on an inner box (carcass). The last time I bought base units and wall cabinets there were no matching end panels, cornices, corbels etc.

I guess I just need a base carcass with some attractive feet, but no kicker or end panels?

Last edited:
Both carcasses , just differing construction .

Yes, I obviously had my last sit-on sink mounted on an olde style carcass base unit (or sink unit!), not sure that end panels were a thing back then.

Poor old John, he got me over the line though, bless.

They did have some cheapish flat packs in Wickes the other day but I wasn't sure what I needed (I actually enquired about a 1000 sink base plus 500 base, minus worktop, from the Wickes designer sales reptile but he said that discounts didn't apply when only 2 units were bought, so he had to price the 500 at £730 with both bases coming in at about £1150 for a self fit job).

It's a total p*sstake.

you don't like that link I gave you, then

This Pyramis sit-on is a 600 deep square front, the lip that's folded under the front only projects10mm back, although it is folded over on itself again so that there isn't an unprotected guillotined edge under there, and that does add rigidity along the front of the whole thing. It would have been better if that lip projected back under far enough to sit on the carcass top front though. I can't think what type of unit it was designed to go on.

Benjamin James bases are 560 deep...so the whole of the front edge of my sink will be floating. Maybe I should h
P_20181203_151300.jpg
P_20181203_152348.jpg
ave gone for a Leisure Contract sit-on, it was thinner gauge but at least the front would have had support.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back