Handrail problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my landing banister was boxed in and thought it mite contane spindles but a thought wrong. Base rail isn't a problem to fit but ad rather not buy a new hand rail but as you can see there is no recess for the spindles and packers to fit. How do you sugest I get round this?

Sponsored Links
if you buy spindles thinner then the handrail you could just cut them and carefully glue and pin them into position.

That's what I was thinking but with a bead along the top of the spindles to hide the fixing as I dont have a pin/nail gun what pins/nails so you sugest using for just a hammer ?

Sponsored Links
30-40mm pins,either pre drill the spindles or flatten the point of the pins before nailing them.so it stops any splitting.wipe off any glue then using a nail punch drive the heads in a tad more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back