Hang vertical rad with brick screws?

Sponsored Links
I've just measured the widest diameter of the supplied screws (below the head) and they come in at 5.8 mm.

The screws shown in the link in my original post are 7.5 mm, so it's possible those concrete screws would not go through the supplied brackets.

I’d use plugs, the concrete screws can be good but they can also strip the thread of the hole then you won’t be able to choose a different spot like you can when fixing a frame

Sponsored Links
I’d use plugs, the concrete screws can be good but they can also strip the thread of the hole then you won’t be able to choose a different spot like you can when fixing a frame
That's a good point.

Always use the plugs and screws that come with the things you buy. Otherwise you end up with a drawer full of packets of fixings that you don't know what to do with. :whistle:

they probably supplied you with hex head bolts and plugs.
concrete screws are easier if you have an impact driver

Here's a photo on the left of what is supplied. The screw is 80 mm long inc head. There are eight of these supplied.

To the right is a spare concrete screw which I had lying around. It's an example of the type I'm referring to. That particular one is 110 mm long, though it wouldn't necessarily have to be that long.

threaded.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back