Hanging a boiler on a thermalite wall

:idea: I suppose if you did encounter really fragile blocks. I don't see why the fixing could not extend through the cavity and into the brick of the outer wall.

If you could obtain a fixing 200 long. :cool:

Sponsored Links
'cos if things go wrong you could collapse the cavity when you tighten the fixing :eek:

Hi, I know this is an old post but I am SO fed up with seeing Boilers fitted to Aircrete Blocks. The answer to your question is NO a Boiler should not be fitted to to Aircrete blocks.

You can get Low Density blocks (2.8 N/mm2 to 3.5 N/mm2) Medium Density (4.0 N/mm2) and High Density (7.0 N/mm2) and even using appropriate fittings i.e. Fischer BG for the heavy weight items the MAX you should be fitting are Radiators and cupboards (and remember fixings should not be closer to the free edge of the block than the depth of embedment)

It is really common for even the registered engineers to fix to these blocks using brown plugs and screws!

Hope this helps.

It is really common for even the registered engineers to fix to these blocks using brown plugs and screws!

Hope this helps.

Presumably that means that you are not a gas registered engineer. Are you sure that its even appropriate for you to try to give advice on hanging boilers?

Its difficult to imagine how an existing wall can be changed to a stronger block seven years later. Even if anyone was still interested in the topic now.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back