Hanging a bookshelf

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am going to build a bookshelf which I plan to mount on a wall above a chest of draws. The shelf will be roughly 100cm in height and 66cm in width (give or take) The shelves will be ajustable.

I am fairly new to DIY and I would like to know is the most secure way to secure this to the wall because I as im not experienced at this and I want peace of mind that its not going to fall off the wall when fully loaded.

Bearing in mind that the fixings need to be as invisible as possible for aesthetics and also shouldnt get in the way of the books

any advise would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
what is the wall made of?

Books are very heavy

if you want the shelves to be adjustable best way is to put a vertical support on the wall that brackets clip into. Otherwise you will have to drill holes or fix brackets at each possible level. Spur shelving is very strong and you can fit multiple shelves at multiple levels if you want, and adjust then for big or small books. The support is not invisible though, but you could paint it to match the walls if you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back