Hanging Doors Sectional Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking to hang a couples of side hung doors on a sectional garage. whats the best way to fix the Hinges to the concrete sections.

if I build a wooden frame how do I fix it securely. door are jeld-wen wooden at 40kg for the pair. 2134x1981 oepening for doors

any suggestions on frame and Hinges

Sponsored Links

You cannot drill fixing holes in a sectional prefabricated concrete garage. My original side hung door frame, was bolted to the panels via long bolts and nuts, through pre-formed holes in the edge of the concrete sections. I later replaced the doors and the frame, with a new frame and an electric roller shutter door, again bolted through the existing holes in the panel.

Scratch building the frame, is the easy part.

the precast concrete is quite thin, and you are likely to start a crack if you drill it.

Sponsored Links
My bad, skim read and missed construction of garage. Yeah I had to do likewise as I have the same garage type. Wanted to put up 2 ladder brackets. Best solution was to offer up wooden battens. These were secured through the precast holes and the brackets attached to the battens.

Depending on the design of the area surrounding the opening, I wonder if the verticals could be held in place with grab adhesive, further supported with metal U type brackets from the inside that slip over the frame and concrete panel?

I know what I mean in my head and reckon it would work? This kind if thing, put on horizontally straddling the outside edge of the wooden frame and inside edge of concrete panel.

Heavy Duty Galvanised ("U"Shape) Post Fence Foot Anchors Thickness:4mm Pack:1or3 | eBay

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back